The dentists at Pediatric Dentistry are specialists in dentistry for children. After graduating from dental school, Dr. Thal and Dr. Rostenberg completed the post-graduate program in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Thal is board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and Dr. Rostenberg is board eligible. Dr. Lobo Lobo graduated from Tufts University Dental School and trained in Pediatric Dentistry at Lutheran Medical Center in Springfield, Massachussets and is board eligible.
In addition, the staff at Pediatric Dentistry have had special training and experience in providing dental care for children. We take great pride in our individual capabilities as well as our ability to work as a team to provide your child the best possible dental care. The office has also been specially designed and decorated to be open and colorful so that your child can be as relaxed and comfortable as possible during each dental visit.
We are deeply committed to the total health and well-being of your child and to the ideals of preventive dentistry. For this reason, we highly recommend that the first dental examination should occur by the age of 12 months. Many problems which might otherwise develop can be prevented.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose Pediatric Dentistry
- Doctors are specially trained in diagnosing and treating the unique problems of children, adolescents and special needs adults.
- Focus is on prevention of dental problems to ensure lifetime of good dental health.
- Office is "child-friendly" with a playroom and welcoming decor.
- Staff is experienced, trained and sensitive to working with children & their parents.
- When children see other children having a positive dental experience, they have a positive model to follow.
- Committed to caring for all children including those with special health care needs (SHCN). Office is handicap accessible and routinely accommodates SHCN patients.
- Appointments scheduled to minimize children missing school and parents missing work. Office open until 7 p.m. three nights per week and Saturday mornings.
- Recognize and treat problems of growth and development general dentists might not recognize, plus some dentists aren't comfortable treating very young children which postpones treatment until it's too late to correct.
- Doctors affiliated with Hospital of Central Connecticut, New Britain and Bradley Memorial Campuses, which means they can perform treatment at these hospitals whenever necessary.
- Accommodate dental emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
F.Y.I...A pediatric dentist specializes in treating children from infancy to adolescence. Pediatric dentists are to dentistry as pediatricians are to internal medicine. Both have received specialized training in recognizing and treating the health needs of children. In fact, pediatric dentists receive two or three additional years of training beyond dental school. During those years, they study child psychology, behavioral control, growth and development, as well as the latest techniques in introducing and providing dental services to children.
While many children are referred to pediatric dentists from other doctors, parents are welcome to call Pediatric Dentistry directly to schedule an appointment.