Invisalign® Clear Braces – New Britain, CT
Straighten Your Smile Without Uncomfortable Metal
During high school, your teen is building their confidence and making friendships that will last a lifetime. Having a mouth full of brackets and wires can potentially impact them at an important time in their development. For an orthodontic treatment that won’t infringe on their social life, Invisalign in New Britain is one of the best choices! Dr. Meghan Alexander can develop a unique treatment plan to help your teen straighten their teeth and have a smile that they’re proud of, even as an adult. They’ll thank you in the future when you schedule a consultation by contacting us today!
Why Choose Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics for Invisalign?
- We Treat Infants, Children, and Teens
- Kid-Friendly Office
- 100% Lifetime Orthodontic Guarantee
How Does Invisalign Treatment Work?
Invisalign uses custom-crafted aligners to strategically and gently move your teen’s teeth into their ideal positions. They’re made from an FDA-approved, smooth plastic that is gentle on the mouth, as opposed to metal brackets and wires. The average Invisalign treatment takes place over the course of anywhere from eight to 14 months. Every two weeks, your son or daughter will visit our office to pick up their new set of aligners from Dr. Alexander, their orthodontist. These appointments are painless and fast, typically lasting from 15 to 30 minutes—just enough time for a quick checkup.
When patients put these trays in their mouth, they’ll be able to correct misalignment, crowding, and bite problems so they can enjoy an improved smile as an adult. All they have to do is wear them for at least 22 hours each day, only removing them to clean their teeth, eat, and drink anything besides water. Because they’re removable, all of these tasks are significantly easier since they don’t have to navigate around wires and brackets.
Invisalign for Teens
If you have a teen at home who could benefit from Invisalign, we have a great option: Invisalign Teen. This treatment is essentially the same as traditional Invisalign, except that it’s geared toward teens, making the process easier for parents and their children. Invisalign Teen aligners come with a small blue dot on them, making it easy for parents to check if they’ve been wearing their trays. This blue dot will eventually fade away, which is a sign that your teen has worn their aligners for the right amount of time. Plus, Invisalign Teen comes with extra aligners because we all know how forgetful teenagers can be!
Indications for Invisalign
We offer Invisalign because it can be used to correct numerous orthodontic issues in the most comfortable and aesthetically pleasing way. You may be a candidate for Invisalign if you have:
- Crowded teeth: This problem can cause misalignment, but it also makes it harder to take care of your teeth. Thankfully, Invisalign can shift your teeth for a straightened smile.
- Spaces between teeth: Spaces in your smile can dramatically affect your appearance, but it also puts you at risk of tooth decay and gum disease because bacteria tend to collect in these gaps. Invisalign can align your smile to eliminate spaces.
- Bite alignment: Overbite, underbite, and cross bite can cause abnormal wear and tear on your smile, leading to additional problems. However, Invisalign can help with mild to moderate bite issues, giving you a more protected set of teeth in the process.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Using the latest technological advancements in the dental field, this modern orthodontic treatment has helped more patients than ever achieve their desired smile. There are several advantages that come with Invisalign treatment, including:
- Faster Treatment Time. Traditional braces treatment can take up to two years. With Invisalign aligners, you can have straightened teeth in just 12 months, depending on the severity of the case.
- More Comfortable. Aligners are made from a smooth plastic that doesn’t poke the mouth like wires and brackets. This way, your teen won’t have to worry about constantly applying orthodontic wax to relieve discomfort.
- Practically Unnoticeable. Invisalign trays are virtually invisible, meaning they won’t be noticeable when chewing, speaking, or when they smile for their yearbook photo.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Like any dental treatment, the cost varies from patient to patient depending on several factors, like how severe your teen’s misalignment is, the treatment time, or if they need to correct a bite problem. The best way to find out the exact cost of Invisalign in New Britain is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Alexander. She can walk you and your child through the process and discuss any financing options available to you.
When considering Invisalign treatment, it’s always a good idea to get a second opinion. If you’ve been to another practice for a consultation, or maybe you’ve completed one online, we’re happy to look at your smile again for a second opinion. Our Board-Certified orthodontist, Dr. Meghan Alexander, will carefully check your smile and its alignment before recommending the next steps for treatment.